Chrome will label HTTP pages as insecure if users can input any data. Google highlights this will apply to any page with a search box. It is estimated that 63% of traffic to HTTP websites on chrome will be affected.
What Is HTTPS?
HTTPS stands for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (SSL). SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) enables safe and secure browsing of your website. Https protocol builds a private secure connection between your site, and its users thus preventing intrusion, exploitation, malware & hacks. Https provides Data encryption, Data Integrity & Data Authentication.
- Data Encryption by https ensures that hackers cannot track activities or steal sensitive information entered by users.
- Data Integrity & Authentication The data sent to a user or obtained from the user cannot be modified or corrupted during requests or responses to the web server.
Why Should I Migrate To Https://?
Security & Trust
HTTPS helps prevent hackers, malware attacks, intrusions and secure your user’s privacy. It blocks exploitation of Images, cookies, scripts and other elements of a website. HTTPS protect sensitive information entered by a client through form fields on your website. HTTPS ensures that your website gets a green signal on browsers, ensuring that your website is secured against threats and exploits.
HTTPS sites are trustworthy in the eyes of users and browsers. The https:// security protocol boosts the integrity of your website.
Helps Organic Rankings
Google has confirmed https:// as a ranking signal to make the internet safe and secure. If your site and your competitor’s website which is essentially comparable are competing for the rankings, the addition of https:// will lead you to the top rankings over your competition. It is essentially a part of technical SEO.
Must For AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
Https is a must for Accelerated Mobile Pages which is the emerging trend in mobile searches. Mobile searches surpassed other searches and Google gives top priority to AMP pages for mobile search. AMP enables the creation of websites and ads that are consistently fast, beautiful and high-performing across devices and distribution platforms. AMP pages cannot accept data without an https protocol.
Why DSA For Migrating To Https://
Migrating to https is a daunting task and need expertise in coding, technical SEO, Google Search Console and other tools. When you request your hosting provider to install an SSL certificate, he will just install the SSL certificate for the domain. It does not make your entire site secure, you need to implement a number of tasks which is listed below the paragraph. Proper Planning, Implementation & Tracking is essential for a successful migration. We at SIM have the expertise in coding, technical SEO, Google Search Console and have migrated thousands of sites to https with 100% success.
Our team of experts performs the following tasks in the migration to https://
- Install SSL Certificate – We Purchase(included in the rate- no extra fee) the SSL certificate and install it on your web server
- Update htaccess, web config files for forced https using 301
- Update all 301 redirects configured earlier.
- Update links in 404 pages and HTML sitemaps
- Replace all absolute links with https for files, images, canonicals, schema, stylesheets, jquery, scripts, web fonts, open graph, plugins
- Verify the https version of the website in GSC (Google Search Console) for both www & non-www versions
- Create a new XML sitemap with https version and update it on GSC
- Update Robots.txt
- Set preferred domain to https version in GSC
- Download disavow file from HTTP version and upload to https version inapplicable.
- Test with “Fetch as Google” and for “200 OK” server response